Tuesday, January 17
This week, “DJ AmperDan’s Monday Night Pop!” continued in its usual format of playing the Best of The Bay Area’s underground indie Pop and Rock scene. Just Maximum Bay Area Pop, highlighting upcoming local performances, a few new releases, and a whole bunch of current favorites. Another incredibly strong show, with lots of great music.
Again, a strong Bay Area concert calendar drove much of the show’s programming and record selection. But also strong this week were the number of new releases I had to share. Strong brand new releases from Lia Rose, Sorry Ever After, Wax Idols (not that new, but I just got their new album), Kiss Kiss Bang Bang (from L.A.), and Doe Eye made their Radio Valencia debut tonight, and exerted a strong influence on the show’s direction.
And what of that direction? Was there some underlying story behind the song selection and sequencing? Of course! But just what that unconscious narrative is, will only be revealed by the podcast. And then, only through repeated listening, according to my psychoanalyst. For which he charges me handsomely.
And speaking of the podcast . . .
You can listen to this show, any past show, or any of the other Radio Valencia show by visiting our website (http://radiovalencia.fm), clicking the “Podcast” link, and scrolling to the show. There you can download, stream, or subscribe to the podcast of any Radio Valencia show. I suggest you shop around. That’s what makes a station like Radio Valencia so much fun. It’s eclectic.
You can subscribe to my show by visiting . . . “rvpods.com/mondaynightpop!” That way you never miss a one.
Now here’s the playlist!
- Mister Loveless – June
- The Action Design – Chamber of Hellos
- El Elle – Shall We Begin?
- Bare Wires – Ready To Go
- Oona – Here I Am
- The Hundred Days – Out of Nowhere
- A B & The Sea – Baby You
- Debbie and The Rocketeers – Old Boots
- The Bruises – Friction
- Books on Tape – Carnival Lights
- Minipop – Fingerprints
- Lia Rose – Waiting for The End
- The Moore Brothers – California Sister
- Or, The Whale – Shasta
- Rin Tin Tiger – Ghost Door
- Sorry Ever After – Honey Girl
- Wax Idols – Gold Sneakers
- Kiss Kiss Bang Bang – Love Me Kill Me
- Mister Loveless – Nineties Children
- Lauren and The Black List – Father
- Fake Your Own Death – Dead Won’t Die
- Nostalghia – Drug Lord
- The Ettes – The Pendulum
- Survival Guide – The Walls
- Zodiac Death Valley – La Razon
- Agent Ribbons – I’m Alright
- Doe Eye – I Hate You
- Girl Named T – Raven Fly
- The Love Me Nots – Rosie
AMPERDAN’S MONDAY NIGHT POP!
Every Monday Night, 10:00 pm to Midnight
RADIO VALENCIA 87.9FM SAN FRANCISCO/ http://radiovalencia.fm
Podcasts of Past Shows: rvpods.com/mondaynightpop!