Tuesday, March 13
Even though it’s cool and rainy in the Bay Area tonight, it was summer pop time on “DJ AmperDan’s Monday Night Pop!” Maybe it was a hold over form my being in Los Angeles again last week. Maybe it was moving the clocks forward for Daylight Savings Time, and the resulting daylight after dinner, but I wasn’t going to let the rain and cool temperatures spoil my summer mood.
I was down in L.A. to talk to some potential employers, and to see Mister Loveless play before they head off to Austin for South By Southwest. Not only did I see a couple potential employers and Mister Loveless, but I also saw The Dollyrots introduce their new drummer (Alicia) and the new songs from their upcoming album at The Viper Room, and I also saw Kiss Kiss Bang Bang rock Los Globos in Silverlake.
It was great hanging out with my L.A. friends, especially when we were seeing some really great music. But I also promoted my show quite a bit too. Seems people in L.A. are very interested in learning more about all the amazing talent in our Bay Area Pop scene. That, or I’m I really good salesman.
Anyway, my mood was pretty sunny when I was selecting my records for the show tonight. Though I was feeling a bit under the weather physically. And though I don’t think it had an effect on the music, which was brilliant as always; but I think it showed in the tone of my voice and the pacing for my mic breaks. But I won’t know that for sure until I listen to the podcast tomorrow.
And speaking of the podcast . . .
You can listen to this show, any past show, or any of the other Radio Valencia show by visiting our website (http://radiovalencia.fm), clicking the “Podcast” link, and scrolling to the show. There you can download, stream, or subscribe to the podcast of any Radio Valencia show. I suggest you shop around. That’s what makes a station like Radio Valencia so much fun. It’s eclectic.
You can subscribe to my show by visiting . . . “rvpods.com/mondaynightpop!” That way you never miss a one.
Now here’s the playlist!
- Mister Loveless – June
- Kiss Kiss Bang Bang – Love Kill Me
- The Downer Party – Cocaine
- The Dollyrots – A Little Messed Up
- A B & The Sea – In The Sunshine
- The Wrong Words – Summer’s Gone
- The She’s – Jimmy
- The Dollyrots – California Beach Boy
- Mister Loveless – Wild Summer
- The Hot Toddies – Summertime Dreams
- Stripmall Architecture – We Are Not Cool
- Survival Guide – Shrouded in Steel
- Phantom Kicks – Coming Home
- Silver Swans – Mother of Pearl
- Excuses for Skipping – Tonic for Hysteria
- Nostalghia – Love Junkie
- Taxes – Stop Start Stop Start
- Girl Named T – This Is All I’ll Ever Be
- Dominate Legs – Hoop of Love
- Please Do Not Fight – Something Here
- Lia Rose – Waiting for The End
- Rin Tin Tiger – Ghost Door
- Dirty Ghost – Rope That Way
- Erin and The Project – Good God
- Ash Reiter – Ishi
- Nettie Rose – To The West
- Mister Loveless – Hidden Just Enough
- The Ettes – My Baby Cried All Night Long
AMPERDAN’S MONDAY NIGHT POP!
Every Monday Night, 10:00 pm to Midnight
RADIO VALENCIA 87.9FM SAN FRANCISCO/ http://radiovalencia.fm
Podcasts of Past Shows: rvpods.com/mondaynightpop!